Jute tote shopping bag in green with colourful vegetables pattern.
• Hand-loomed jute tote shopping bag – it is both environmentally-friendly and stylish in design and will help you cut down on your daily plastic usage.
• Features a striking printed “vegetables” design on the front and back.
• Finished with two cumfy cushioned, light green cotton handles.
• There is one main compartment inside, which has been treated with a waterproof, wipe-clean lining.
• Eco fact! Did you know 1 million plastic bags are used every minute worldwide and that the average lifespan of a plastic bag is 12 minutes!
• Part of a range of themed products. (Click on the “Vegan” or “Vegetarian” Tags above to reveal the selection.)
And check out the “You may also like” product suggestions below.
This Fair Trade bag has been handmade with great care by artisans at Earthbags in Kolkata, India.
They give employment to women and self-help groups and strive to help the environment by encouraging more people to use earth-friendly bags, rather than plastic ones.
What is a Tote Bag?
It’s a simple product which combines practicality, versatility and style. Usually defined as a medium sized bag which has two parallel handles.
They are usually unfastened at the top and therefore commonly used for carrying shopping.
Tote bags provide a comfortable and reusable alternative to disposable plastic shopping bags.
Did you know?
Jute is the 2nd most important vegetable fibre (after cotton) and is a light, soft, shiny plant fibre that can be spun into coarse, strong threads. (See supporting images)
Jute is 100% bio-degradable and recyclable and thus environmentally-friendly.
Natural jute growing in India
These bags are 100% vegan: no animals are harmed, they’re water based and AZO-free dyes are used.
DIMENSIONS – width 30 cm x height 30 cm x depth of gusset 20 cm approximately.
The handles have a drop of 12 cm from the top of the bag.
Also note: we take care to ensure that pictures and descriptions are as accurate and representative as possible, but please be aware that our products are handmade in the developing world (often using locally-sourced and/or recycled materials) and minor variations may occur – making each item truly unique!
You’ll find many different designs in the range. This jute shopping bag has a “save our bees” print.
If you want the full story about Earthbags, the manufacturer in Kolkata, India who make these jute shopping bags, then read my Blog post.
“AND REMEMBER, NO POSTAGE COSTS WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR ORDER – BECAUSE DELIVERY IS FREE.”