Brown leather journal / notebook with embossed Celtic “Tree Of Life” pattern.
• Makes an ideal ethical Christmas present and gift for someone special.
• These top quality Fair Trade journals are covered in genuine leather and skilfully embossed.
• Makes a great diary, scrap book, travel journal, inspiration book, in case you need to write down brilliant ideas, create shopping lists, pen poetry or to use as a simple notebook. Or maybe as an art book or doodle book?
• “Tree of Life” symbolises a fresh start, positive energy and good health as well as a connection to nature – so this journal makes a really thoughtful gift for someone spiritual.
• The embossing has been applied with great care, using individual small handmade tools, making each journal unique.
• The back of the journal also features an embossed pattern – this time a diamond shape with intricate floral arrangements.
• Each journal contains approximately 125 pages of unbleached, unlined white paper bound into the leather cover.
• The paper used is called Khadda paper, (also known as kaddi or khaddi) which is handmade from recycled unbleached cotton rags and off-cuts that are left-over from the textile garment industry in India.
• It is acid-free and a beautiful paper to write or draw on with a pen or pencil.
• The pages have been bound by hand.
• Part of a range of themed products. (Click on the “Tree of Life” Tag above to reveal the selection.)
And check out the “You may also like” product suggestions below.
Handmade in a small charity workshop using traditional & contemporary methods by a family of skilled artisans and craftspeople people living & working in rural villages in Rajasthan, India.
This small charity promotes women’s education and their social standing in rural villages.
Each purchase makes a positive difference to the communities who make them.
Leather Journal Artisans from Rajasthan in India
DIMENSIONS – (when closed) ) 13.5 cm wide x 18.5 cm high x 3.5 cm thick approximately.
PLEASE NOTE: the leather used for the cover is a by-product of the meat industry and is tanned using natural dyes.
The paper is made by a charity in rural Rajasthan that promotes women’s education and their social standing in the rural villages.
The pens & glasses shown are not included.
The paper is great for sketching and water-colour painting, however, using fountain pens with this type of handmade paper is NOT recommended.
“AND REMEMBER, NO POSTAGE COSTS WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR ORDER – DELIVERY IS FREE.”