This model bicycle / bike ornament has been crafted from recycled bottle tops and wire. Painstakingly formed by hand into the shape of a bicycle.
Let Africa inspire you with this skilfully-made Fair Trade model bicycle ornament which uses beer and soft drink bottle tops and recycled copper wire.
• The bottle tops are collected in and around Mathare slum in Nairobi, Kenya and are sanitised, then re-used in various ways by local artisans to form part of the bike.
• The frame is locally-collected recycled copper wire.
• Recycled black leather pieces are used for the tyres.
• Free-standing, as it has its own stabiliser.
• Has moving parts – the wheels rotate, the pedals go round and the handle bars can be swivelled.
• W ill really catch the eye at home or office and the perfect eco gift for the keen cyclist.
Certainly something a little bit different for the ethical shopper!
• Makes an ideal ethical Christmas present and gift for someone special.
• Part of a range of themed products. (Click on the “Bicycle” Tag above to reveal the selection. And check out the “You may also like” product suggestions below.)
This model bicycle bike ornament has been hand-crafted in Kenya by skilled artisans at Zakale Creations.
Please remember that you are now just a few steps away from the actual Fair Trade producers in some of the world’s poorest communities. By shopping here and buying Fair Trade products you are helping to make a difference. Your purchase helps transform trade and change lives. How great is that?
DIMENSIONS – the length is 25 cm x width of the handle bars is 9 cm x height 13 cm approximately.
SOLD INDIVIDUALLY – every one is unique as the bottletop colours and brands vary.
DID YOU KNOW?
Called “boda boda” by the locals, bicycles are used as public transportation in Kenya (you ride on a padded rack on the back) and are so named for the bikes used to transport people across the border between Uganda and Kenya – from border to border.
And if you want to find out more about this developing country, my Blog post —> 19 Fascinating Facts About Kenya is for you.
“GOOD NEWS! NO POSTAGE COSTS WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR ORDER – BECAUSE DELIVERY IS FREE.”