Recycled metal elephant bookends designed in a clever 3-Dimensional (3-D) way – for the office, study or lounge at home.
• The perfect ethical gift for the keen book worm – sure to be a real talking point with your friends.
• Free-standing, chunky and heavy – they will keep things tidy on your shelf.
• 4 small cushion pads on the base of each piece prevent slipping / marking surfaces.
• The recycled metal parts have been discarded from repair shops in Delhi and Saharanpur because they were broken or rejected, but now, with a little inginuity they have been given a new lease of life.
• The metal parts have been cleaned-up, sanitised, glued, soldered and lacquered where necessary.
A clear varnish then creates the “antique” bronze-effect finish.
• Makes an ideal ethical Christmas present and gift for someone special.
• Part of a range of “elephant” themed products. (Click on the “Elephants” Tag above to reveal the selection. And check out the “You may also like” product suggestions below.)
Recycled metal elephant bookends handmade by skilled Fair Trade artisans at Noah’s Ark in northern India.
DIMENSIONS – you will receive a pair of (two) book ends.
Each piece is 13 cm wide x 15 cm high (the actual elephant is 9 cm high) x 6.5 cm deep approximately.
Please note: the paperback book shown is not included.
This product has been bought from suppliers who are members of the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO).
“AND REMEMBER, NO POSTAGE COSTS WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR ORDER – BECAUSE DELIVERY IS FREE.”
Welcome to THE FAIR TRADE STORE.
There is NO postage charge added to your order - delivery is FREE.
(However, any orders managed manually, outside of the website Checkout, will attract the appropriate delivery charge.)
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
You should receive your delivery within 3-5 working days. I will always let you know by email that your order is being dealt with and also when it’s gone in the post - so you won’t be kept in the dark! However, please allow up to 7 working days before you make contact with any issues.
Deliveries are made from Monday to Saturday between 7am and 3pm.
Who will deliver my order?
Royal Mail, using their 2nd Class service. (For certain heavier packages, Parcel Force will be used.)
You will not need to sign for receipt of your delivery, but if you are out and the item is too large to post through your letterbox and/or a neighbour is not available to take delivery, Royal Mail will leave instructions with you in these circumstances, making it clear what action you need to take, via a red & white “Something for you” card.
Want to have your order delivered to a different address?
Perhaps you work, or would like your gifts sending direct to a friend or family member? No problem! Simply use the box provided at the checkout to confirm the details.
I always request a "Proof of Postage" document from the Post Office for each order sent out to customers and these are kept on file in case of a query.
For full details, please refer to the "How to shop/FAQS" section.
Welcome to THE FAIR TRADE STORE.
Can I return an unwanted item for a refund?
Yes, of course you can - and it`s simple and quick!
This is where the 30-DAY, "NO QUIBBLE" MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE comes in....
Simply notify me of your intentions within 30 days of your initial receipt of the goods. I will then agree with you what action to take, including the opportunity to exchange your unwanted product for another item. (Please use the contact us page to get in touch. This page also includes the address to send your "returns".)
FOR A REFUND, you will then need to return the good(s) promptly in an unused and resaleable condition. I will then provide a refund,(BUT NOT for the postage cost you have incurred in returning the good(s). The refund will be actioned via your original payment method.
In the case of EXCHANGES, a re-delivery charge at Royal Mail`s 2nd Class rate will apply. (Buyer pays the return postage.)
For full details, please refer to point 7. of the "How to shop/FAQS" section.