Sheesham wood jewellery storage box with brass inlay and a “secret lock” and hand-carved Mandala pattern lid.
Intricately decorated Fair Trade solid sheesham wood box with a hand-carved Mandala patterned lid, ornate brass inlay and a “secret” lock – perfect for jewellery, crystals, keepsakes and other precious items.
• The secret is the almost invisible sliding panel at the front of the base which, when pushed to the left, opens up the box.
(The sticker on the front panel of the box that explains this is easily removeable and leaves no mark!)
• The lid is hinged, utilising two discrete brass hinges at the back.
• Inside, there is one main compartment which is unlined.
• The base and walls to the inside of the box are natural sheesham wood. This is a high quality, crafted item.
• A lovely gift idea – and you can add your own little “goodies” inside to personalise it for that special someone.
• Sheesham wood is a protected wood under the CITES regulations; these products are licensed as originating from sustainable plantations.
• Part of a range of Mandala themed products. (Click on the “Mandala” Tag above to reveal the selection. And check out the “You may also like” product suggestions below.)
This Fair Trade wooden box has been handmade by skilled artisans at Aspiration International in India.
DIMENSIONS – width 15 cm x height 6 cm x depth 10 cm approximately.
Internal dimensions – width 12.5 cm x height 4.5 cm x depth 7.2 cm.
Did you know?
The box has been hand carved from sheesham wood (sometimes spelt shesham or shisham (Dalbergia Sissoo) and referred to as North Indian Rosewood), which is sustainable and part of the rose wood family.
This wood is durable and fast growing, reaching maturity in only 15-20 years, compared to 80-90 years for hardwoods such as teak.
Please note: wipe clean with a dry cloth.
A wax polish can be used.
Do not use a silicone spray cleaner.
You can discover more about the people at Aspiration International in India and the products they make in my Blog post.
Please also note: I take care to ensure that pictures and descriptions are as accurate and representative as possible, but please be aware that the products are handmade in the developing world (often using locally-sourced and/or recycled materials) and minor variations may occur – making each item truly unique!
This product has been bought from suppliers who are members of the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO).
“AND REMEMBER, NO POSTAGE COSTS WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR ORDER – DELIVERY IS FREE.”