Thuya wood boxes for small trinkets / jewellery / memories handmade from aromatic wood with a rich, natural burl.
• Small but beautiful to look at box handmade from aromatic Thuya wood with a rich, natural burl. Will look stunning in the home and become a prized possession. Sure to be a real talking point.
• Helping you to stay organised, as it is perfect for storing your small trinkets, crystals, cufflinks, brooches, watches or rings and bracelets and makes a luxurious gift for someone special.
• 8-sided octagonal design with lemon wood edging detail.
• The lid is hinged at the back.
• Inside, there is one unlined, wooden compartment.
• Part of a range of Thuya wood themed products. (Click on the “Thuya wood gifts” Tag above to reveal the selection.)
And check out the “You may also like” product suggestions below.
• These Thuya wood boxes have been handmade by skilled Fair Trade artisans in Morocco to an exceptionally high finish.
• And remember, due to the natural grains, no two items are ever alike.
• Lemon juice and vegetable oil are polished into the wood, revealing Thuya’s natural burled grain. Each piece is rubbed by hand for hours and you can actually smell the aroma from this process when opening your box. In fact, oil from the Thuya tree is extracted and is used in aromatherapy.
• Each piece is finished-off with a hand-rubbed shellac type varnish coating and buffed.
DIMENSIONS – width 12.3 cm x height 5.7 cm x depth 12.3 cm approximately.
Internal dimensions – width 9 cm x height 4.5 cm x depth 9 cm.
To remove dust, dip a soft, clean cloth in warm soapy water, wring it out until slightly damp and then wipe the wood with the cloth.
Afterwards, get another soft, clean cloth and dry the wood.
Did you know?
Thuya is a rare, shrubby conifer, indigenous to southern Morocco and especially the town of Essaouira, in the foothills of the Atlas mountains, north west Africa.
Income here is generated either by fishing, or the sale of Thuya.
Trees are typically 70 years old before they are cut.
The main characteristic of the wood is a stunning burl, which come from the root of the tree – similar to that found as walnut burl.
The Thuya tree is one of few that can re-grow after being cut down to the trunk, thus maintaining sustainability and supported by a vigorous re-planting program.
Find out more about Thuya wood from Morocco in my Blog post.
“AND REMEMBER, NO POSTAGE COSTS WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR ORDER – BECAUSE DELIVERY IS FREE.”